From: Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: williamh@g.o, gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-user] OpenRc-0.12 is coming soon
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2013 14:10:50
1 On 14 August 2013 16:43, Keith Dart <keith@×××××××××.biz> wrote:
2 > Re , William Hubbs said:
3 >> All,
4 >>
5 >> This message is an announcement and a reminder.
6 >>
7 >> OpenRc-0.12 will be introduced to the portage tree in the next few
8 >> days.
9 >>
10 >> If you are using ~arch OpenRc, the standard disclaimer applies:
11 >> remember that you might be subject to breakage.
12 >
13 > I just got around to upgrading to it. When I did my /etc/conf.d/net
14 > file disappeared, and my network interface would not come up. There is
15 > not even a sample net file any more. I had to manually add it back,
16 > using a syntax I found on the wiki site.
20 The package is now masked (openrc-0.12) because quite a few people
21 lost their net configs
22
23 So yep, ~arch being *this* broken is not so nice
26 Regards,
27 Markos Chandras - Gentoo Linux Developer
28 http://dev.gentoo.org/~hwoarang