From: "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy@×××××.net>
To: Miguel Sousa Filipe <m3thos@×××××××.pt>
Cc: Karl Trygve Kalleberg <karltk@g.o>, gentoo-user <gentoo-user@g.o>, gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Sun-jdk 1.4.1_01
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 13:41:28
1 I agree. Since Gentoo does not fix bugs in the JDK, there is very little
2 reason not to include it.
3
4 Tom Veldhouse
5
6 > And for this reason shouldn't the gentoo developers put Sun's java2
7 > sdk/jdk 1.4.1 in the portage system? It's only a bug fix/improvements
8 > release, not a "new features" release, so it should solve many bugs and
9 > improve quality of the related java packages.
10 > And for me, I don't understand why are we fixing bugs in a release
11 > that is outdated, when making a portage ebuild for the new version could
12 > have the above mentioned benefits and also provide the users with the
13 > latest version, (which is one of the branded features of gentoo, "fully
14 > fledged state of the art software :-p" )