From: Duft Markus <Markus.Duft@×××××××.at>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] bison/flex extra runtime packages
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 07:32:06
1 Hi there!
2
3 I'm working on a "cross" compilation to native windows from an Interix
4 Gentoo Prefix, using the normal Prefix portage tree. My setup is nearly
5 the same as when really cross compiling, except that I can execute what
6 I compile.
7
8 I use command line utilities (DEPEND atoms) from Interix, and all others
9 (RDEPEND, PDEPEND) from winnt.
10
11 Now some package of mine in a local overlay requires bison and flex.
12 It's quite hard to get those to build _and_ work on winnt, so I though
13 about splitting the bison ebuilds in dev-util/bison and
14 dev-libs/bison-runtime (and the same for flex). What do you think about
15 this? Before we started using portage at our company I built the
16 runtimes only for winnt, so I know this works (for me)...
17
18 Is there any better Idea around?
19
20 Cheers, Markus