From: Eugenia Loli-Queru <eloli@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] LibPNG Problems :(
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 02:20:57
1 So, I did as suggested in the previous email and emerged kdebase.
2 Throughout the compilation, KDE was putting warnings about conflict between
3 libpng.so.2 conflicting with libpng.so.3. However, the compilation went ok.
4 After it finished, I now do not have icons on Konqueror and all the apps
5 that were compiled on kdebase. Please check the screenshot:
6 http://www.eugenia.co.uk/snapshot1.png
7 You are seeing Konqueror with no icons, the actual error messages on the
8 right hand side, and also my libpngs on the terminal above, as they live on
9 /usr/lib.
10
11 So, why there is this conflict at the first place? How can I fix it? Why the
12 first 'emerge kde' 1.5 weeks ago got it right, and the subsequent re-emerge
13 has screwed up?
14
15 Thanks,
16 Eugenia