From: Ric Messier <kilroy@×××××××.COM>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-dev] website suggestion: package search utility
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 08:40:27
1 http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/distributions/gentoo/distfiles/
2
3 . -----Original Message-----
4 . From: gentoo-dev-admin@g.o
5 . [mailto:gentoo-dev-admin@g.o] On Behalf Of Ricardo Campos
6 . Sent: Thursday, July 18, 2002 9:37 AM
7 . To: gentoo-dev@g.o
8 . Subject: [gentoo-dev] website suggestion: package search utility
9 .
10 .
11 . I think it would be super-helpful to have a package
12 . search utility on your website. I'm considering
13 . switching to Gentoo, and this would make my decision
14 . easier ("is this package there- yep, is this one?").
15 .
16 . I am saying this as a debian user, who finds their
17 . package search and online browsing of packages
18 . extremely useful and user-friendly. Ref:
19 . http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages/
20 .
21 . Thanks!
22 . Ricardo