From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [RFC] New keywords for non-Gentoo Linux platforms
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 00:16:36
1 Marius Mauch <genone@g.o> posted
2 20081010000500.b405d25b.genone@g.o, excerpted below, on Fri, 10
3 Oct 2008 00:05:00 +0200:
4
5 > On Thu, 9 Oct 2008 20:11:01 +0200
6 > Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o> wrote:
7 >
8 >> amd64-linux
9 >> x64-openbsd
10 >> x64-solaris
11 >
12 > Is there a special reason why you're using "x64" instead of "amd64" in
13 > those cases? (IMO x64 is the most stupid name for the x86_64
14 > architecture)
15
16 AFAIK, that's not amd64/x86_64, but rather ia64, aka itanic aka itanium.
17 At least, that's how I'd interpret them since I've seen that abbreviation
18 made before, particularly since there's already amd64 in context.
23 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman