From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in dev-python/PyZilla: PyZilla-0.1.0.ebuild ChangeLog metadata.xml
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 02:00:14
1 On 17:34 Sun 27 Mar , Ryan Hill wrote:
2 > On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 02:55:14 +0530
3 > Nirbheek Chauhan <nirbheek@g.o> wrote:
4 > > If we launch gstats *today*, it'll take us at least a long time before
5 > > we get decent numbers, and even after that, those numbers will be
6 > > biased towards those people who are really active in following Gentoo
7 > > news and developments. Unlike Firefox's usage stats, we have no way of
8 > > prompting pre-existing gentoo installations with a "Do want to take
9 > > part in gstats?" question.
10 >
11 > Last I checked we had a nifty news system for making announcements. And I
12 > thought we were supposed to have Smolt support like two years ago. What
13 > happened to it?
14
15 I wonder the same question too, since it seems statistics is an
16 eternally returning GSoC project.
17
18 Sebastian, you worked on this in 2009. What needs to happen to get it
19 deployed?
22 Thanks,
23 Donnie
24