From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: rfc: revisiting our stabilization policy
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 14:52:27
1 On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 2:41 AM, Steev Klimaszewski <steev@g.o> wrote:
2 > It's not necessarily the STABLEREQs stopping, some of the issues are (at
3 > least on some arches!) that some of the unstable software doesn't quite
4 > work properly anymore, and we are failing at communicating. And in
5 > those cases, we on the arch teams should definitely be pointing this
6 > out, and filing bugs so that the issues can be sorted.
7
8 Well, if the package or some version of it doesn't work at all, you
9 can always mask it on the arch or drop keywords. The arch team
10 doesn't need permission to do this stuff - the keywords and profiles
11 really "belong" to the arch team, and we just allow maintainers to do
12 their best job with them to make the job of the arch team easier.
13
14 Obviously if you actually want the problem fixed that requires
15 bugs/etc. But you don't need a bug to drop a keyword and at least
16 make it clear that the package doesn't work.
17
18 Rich