From: Karl Trygve Kalleberg <karltk@g.o>
To: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RE: consistent Gentoo tool names
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 15:54:41
1 On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 03:39:50PM -0500, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > On Tue, 2004-03-16 at 15:18, Jason Short wrote:
3 > > what's wrong with whatis?
4 >
5 > What's wrong with consistency?
6
7 Consistency is good. But we've been through this before many times, and
8 we can't seem to agree:/ I guess nobody has the mandate to enforce
9 anything either, but I guess I can at least try making certain that all
10 tools maintained by the tools team (and that live in app-portage) have
11 consistent naming.
12
13 We have started enforcing the e-prefix notation for central tools: euse,
14 equery, ebugs (upcoming), ebump (gentoolkit-dev), ego, etc, in the vein
15 of emerge, ebuild.
16
17 > Also some of them lack man pages.
18
19 That's unforgiveable and should be fixed ASAP.
22 Kind regards,
23
24 Karl T
29 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list