From: Matt Thrailkill <xwred1@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Weekly News Letter - "Where is Gentoo Linux 1.4"
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 04:18:12
1 Tracing back up the thread, I should have clarified that when I said "apps that come with a release", I meant the version of the Portage tree at the time of release.
2
3 When the actual 1.4 release is made, there's an exact Portage tree frozen in time that *is* that release, no? Whether its actually tagged in cvs or something, or only exists in the install isos, there is a version of the portage tree that I would call the 1.4 release. Or am I all wrong and noone keeps such close track of the Portage tree?
4
5 Debian and the BSDs seem to keep pretty close tracks of their trees. When they make a release they fork the tree off and call the fork a stable or release version, just update it with security fixes, etc.
6
7 On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 20:30:39 -0400