From: Alec Warner <warnera6@×××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] package.mask cleanups
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 15:56:03
1 Marcus D. Hanwell wrote:
2
3 >On Tuesday 24 January 2006 14:17, Alec Warner wrote:
6 >>I figured it was time for a bit of cleaning... I ended up writing a
7 >>really crappy script for stable to do a check of whether package.mask
8 >>entries were really referencing anything or not. Luckily Brian was able
9 >>to write a much better one for bcportage.
10 >>
11 >>So the list of invalid masks is at [1].
12 >>The script source is at [2].
13 >>
14 >>Please have a look and see if any of the packages are yours. Entries in
15 >> package.mask should have a corresponding ebuild in the tree somewhere.
16 >> I'd like to see the number of entries chopped by a fair margin.
20 >All of the KDE stuff is the upcoming 3.5.1 release which we are working on in
21 >p.mask until the official release. There *are* ebuilds for all this stuff in
22 >the tree right now. So that has chopped the number of entries by a fair
23 >margin, but for the script to be useful it should be able to detect they have
24 >valid ebuilds.
27 It may be Brian hadn't cvs up'd lately, I am not sure. On my box I
28 don't see any kde-3.5.1 ebuilds for some random items that I plucked out
29 of the list (qtsharp fex). Regardless, if it's a preventive mask or
30 whatnot I'm not going to make you take it out or anything. The list is
31 only meant to help spot old packages, or pkgmoved packages or whatnot.
32 If you as the maintainer know the mask is valid, then don't touch it.
33 If you as the maintainer know that package is long dead, then remove
34 it. Thats basically it.
39 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list