From: Brian Harring <ferringb@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Fwd: [gentoo-dev-announce] Call for items for September 13 council meeting
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2011 23:05:34
1 On Wed, Sep 07, 2011 at 11:53:50PM +0100, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
3 > Hash: SHA1
4 >
5 > On Wed, 07 Sep 2011 18:47:17 -0400
6 > "Aaron W. Swenson" <titanofold@g.o> wrote:
7 > > I second the allowing dots in USE flag names. Definitely would be
8 > > helpful for declaring version related USE flags.
9 >
10 > You know you won't be able to mention such flags in the base profile,
11 > right? At least not for a year or more, until the base profile's eapi
12 > can be set to something other than 0.
13
14 use.desc and use.local.desc don't have EAPI versioning either; as such
15 they're eapi=0 till versioning is introduced (and then wait till the
16 support is deployed far enough to avoid breaking people).
17
18 Meaning, just the same as I said on this bug... this isn't viable, and
19 frankly it's not really a deal breaker lacking it. It can be worked
20 around.
21
22 If folks want it, they're going to need to sort out all of the
23 backward compatibility issues *prior* to trying to shove it into eapi.
24
25 ~harring