From: Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o>
To: Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] proxy-maintainers herd as a backup herd for all the user-maintained packages
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 09:26:43
1 On 22 April 2013 10:21, Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o> wrote:
2 > Sorry for bringing back this thread from the dead, but...
3 >
4 > On Tue, 5 Mar 2013 09:09:47 +0000
5 > Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o> wrote:
6 >
7 >> If there is at least one Gentoo developer in metadata.xml we assume
8 >> the package is properly maintained by him so
9 >> we never touch it.
12 > Does this include herd ?
13
14 Up to you but it will help us track packages maintained by users so we
15 can find another maintainer if they ever go MIA.
18 > Now, these packages have proxy-maint as co-herd, and I'd prefer people
19 > that are not familiar with ml (ebuilds have their set of specificities)
20 > not to blindly commit packages because it's proxy-maintained.
21
22 I made it clear on my previous emails that we do not intend to touch
23 packages maintained by other @gentoo people or herds unless
24 proxy-maint is the only herd in metadata. If someone violated that,
25 then it's best to inform him about this, in case he forgot.
28 Regards,
29 Markos Chandras - Gentoo Linux Developer
30 http://dev.gentoo.org/~hwoarang