From: "Aaron W. Swenson" <titanofold@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Accidental spoofing -> Re: [gentoo-dev] We Are All wltjr On This Blessed Day
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2017 16:22:24
1 On 2017-12-05 10:51, Georg Rudoy wrote:
2 > From and Reply-To are two separate fields.
3
4 Yes, but that wasn’t what was being discussed. I was giving an example
5 as to why the From field should be editable in an email client.
6
7 I’ll set the Reply-To for emails to be directed to the proper contact
8 point, but it’s nonsensical to say it’s coming from a human point of
9 contact when it’s an “automated” message.
10
11 The Reply-To still wouldn’t be me@×××××××.com either. Rather, it’d be set to
12 customer-service@×××××××.com, or whatever it needs to be. donotreply is
13 a succinct way of communicating that the recipient doesn’t or shouldn’t
14 have to reply to the email and that it’s an automated email.