From: Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Any deptree stabilization/keywording path finder?
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2015 11:32:56
1 Hi,
2
3 On Fri, 17 Jul 2015 14:22:23 +0400 Jason Zaman wrote:
4 > On Fri, Jul 17, 2015 at 01:15:53PM +0300, Andrew Savchenko wrote:
5 > > Hello,
6 > >
7 > > TL;DR Is there any tool to build dependency tree for all packages
8 > > needed to be stabilized (or keyworded) in order stabilize (keyword)
9 > > foo/bar?
10 >
11 > gnome team has this, its pretty good and has a --check-dependencies too.
12 > Gilles has done a bunch of cleanups on it but not merged back in yet.
13 > https://gitweb.gentoo.org/proj/gnome.git/tree/scripts/gen_archlist.py?h=gen_archlist_cleanup
14
15 Thanks, it helps a lot.
16
17 Any way to get output in form of tree and not a list? Now I have a
18 list of packages to be stabilized, but still have to figure out
19 dependencies between them in order to file stabilization requests
20 properly.
21
22 In the ideal world I'd like to write some script to submit this
23 bunch of stabilization request bugs using www-cient/pybugz.
24
25 Any way to have this tool somewhere in app-portage/gentoolkit-dev
26 (or other package) so that all devs may benefit from it?
27
28 Best regards,
29 Andrew Savchenko