From: Daniel Drake <dsd@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Unifying the behavior of the doc use flag and document it
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 02:02:50
1 Mart Raudsepp wrote:
2 > gtk+ documentation rebuilding can take as much as 30 to 60 minutes with
3 > the doc USE flag for example. The benefit is cross references to glib,
4 > pango and cairo documentation - upstream can not do that as they do not
5 > know where the other docs will be found on disk. Though I should see if
6 > they can not use relative paths somehow..
7
8 You might consider moving these docs to a separate package aimed at
9 people developing using GTK+. gtk+ would then not install these
10 documents at all.
11
12 We did something similar with kernel docs (see sys-kernel/linux-docs)
13 and there have been no complaints so far.
14
15 Daniel
16 --
17 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list