From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: Gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] gentoo 1.4 Install CD
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 08:25:36
1 On Sat, Aug 16, 2003 at 06:38:41PM +0200, Philippe Lafoucrière wrote:
2 > just a little feedback on the installation CD 20030806 (and above). I
3 > have a french keyboard. and have to run "gentoo dokeymap".
4 > I would suggest to propose this option by default. In fact, I have to
5 > type :
6 > "gentoo dokey,qp" which can be disturbing for new users.
7
8 I'd rather see a working "loadkeys" for the people who have forgotten to
9 select "dokeymap".
10
11 Also, if one implements "dokeymap" as default, please attach a timer on it
12 (as is the case with tomsrtbt) so it doesn't linger forever.
13
14 Wkr,
15 Sven Vermeulen
18 Save some animals, eat a vegetarian.