From: Piotr Karbowski <slashbeast@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: switching default udev provider for new systems to udev
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2020 17:25:12
1 Hi,
2
3 To summarize
4
5 - There's no known bugs in eudev that are not in udev
6 - There's no bug that would be fixed by switch from eudev to udev
7 - There's no new feature that would change eudev to udev bring
8 - Currently musl and glibc profiles uses common eudev, after change we
9 whould have musl profile users use something that glibc users are not using
10 - You don't like the original decision to switch to eudev so you want
11 now to use uno reverse card.
12 - eudev have single maintainer, but so far it did not had negative
13 impact on Gentoo
14
15 I see no reason to switch to sys-fs/udev by default, up until there's
16 actually a technical reason behind it. The eudev is a thing because
17 systemd upstream made it clear that they have no intention into keeping
18 udev operational unless it runs under systemd, which is quite important
19 here.
20
21 -- Piotr.