From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Adding available as a mentor bit to LDAP
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 21:29:27
1 On 21:47 Mon 11 Feb , Petteri Räty wrote:
2 > Often we have someone wanting to become a dev and we need a to find a
3 > mentor for him. What do you think about adding a status bit to LDAP that
4 > would mark you as available for mentoring? Recruiters could then use this
5 > info to forward people to these developers.
6
7 This should probably be on the -project list.
8
9 Given that, what I think is that people's willingness to mentor may
10 depend on the recruit. So you'd need more than a simple on/off bit,
11 you'd also need a "maybe" option.
12
13 Thanks,
14 Donnie