From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] manpages that requires dependencies
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 11:46:33
1 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 00:49:23 +0100 "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò"
3 > <flameeyes@g.o> wrote:
4 > | Hi everybody, a little question that I'd like to be answered (so that
5 > | we can make it a sort of rule).
6 > | How should manpages that are generated be managed?
7 > |
8 > | The common sense and looking to other ebuilds would say to always
9 > | build man pages, but when it asks me to install something like
10 > | docbook-sgml-utils, I'm tempted not to do that ;)
11 >
12 > man pages can't be considered optional (despite what RMS says). They're
13 > not fancy extra HTML API documentation, they're core, so they don't get
14 > a USE flag.
15 >
16 > Of course, if FEATURES were in the USE expand list, you could use
17 > ! features_noman ? ( ) ...
18
19 Except that no{man,info,doc} are on the to-die list anyway.
20
21 Marius
22 --
23 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list