From: Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] python.eclass EAPI 4 support, this gets really annoying
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2011 21:19:53
1 On 10/16/2011 12:00 AM, "Paweł Hajdan, Jr." wrote:
2 > On 10/15/11 2:42 AM, Dirkjan Ochtman wrote:
3 >> On Sat, Oct 15, 2011 at 03:54, Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o> wrote:
4 >>> That would be an ok approach from my perspective: We could just change
5 >>> line 14 of python.eclass and let package maintainers report breakage as
6 >>> they increment EAPI. I am confident that nothing EAPI <= 3 would break.
7 >>>
8 >>> Is anyone (especially djc and the python herd members) opposed to this?
9 >>
10 >> Seems fine to me; I can't really think of a practical better way.
11 >
12 > Thank you, change committed to CVS then. Hopefully nobody will get upset
13 > about this.
14 >
15 > I'll wait a few days before I start using EAPI-4 in ebuilds using
16 > python.eclass, but I've done local tests and everything works fine (for
17 > the ebuild I (co-)maintain).
20 Thanks, this is most appericiated. This allowed me to kill EAPI=3
21 support from xfconf.eclass.