From: Marius Mauch <genone@×××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] local portage tree
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 07:50:19
1 On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 08:12:20 +0200 Sven Vermeulen wrote:
2
3 > On Tue, Jun 24, 2003 at 12:41:22PM -0700, Max Kalika wrote:
4 > [... cleaned and new ebuilds ...]
5 > > My question is what would be the best way of contributing some of
6 > > this stuff back? Seems a bit too much for bugs.gentoo.org.
7 >
8 > You might want to join the Ebuild Janitor Project at
9 > http://linux.emulation64.com. It is a userbase project which collects
10 > new and improved ebuilds and tests them thouroughly before submitting
11 > to bugs.gentoo.org (sort of a quality analysis/assuration).
12
13 Well, that project never really took off. We tried to check some
14 ebuilds, but after the discussion on this list and on IRC some of the
15 people who started it got the (IMO wrong) impression that the developers
16 didn't like the project and stopped working on it. So we never got the
17 needed userbase to get the modifications tested which was one of the
18 main goals (we had never more than 10 active users). At the moment you
19 can call it a dead project.
20
21 It would be nice to see some additions on the site but I don't want you
22 to get any false impressions. The project was a hotshot with no real
23 organization and a rather chaotic communication which survived just one
24 week (no offense to anyone).
25
26 Don't get me wrong, I really liked the idea of the project (and still do
27 so), but it lacked some planning in the beginning. This and some
28 miscommunication "killed" it. But if somebody want to revive it (with
29 better planning/communication than the first time) I'd be in again.
30
31 Marius
34 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list