From: Jon Portnoy <avenj@××××××××××××××.us>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Relicensing sys-freebsd/* under the BSD-2 license
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 18:01:42
1 On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 01:52:18PM -0400, Richard Yao wrote:
2 >
3 > The improvement is to the ebuild itself. It is a variable containing a
4 > list of directories upon which the module's build system depends.
5 >
6 > I spoke to naota and he doesn't have any problem sending this upstream,
7 > so I sent an email to the FreeBSD maintainer offering him the improvement.
10 I would argue that a trivial change like that is unlikely to be substantial
11 enough to constitute a copyrightable work at all.