From: Kurt Lieber <klieber@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Cc: gentoo-mirrors@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Reducing the size of distfiles for our mirrors
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 13:06:00
1 On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 08:58:51AM -0400 or thereabouts, Kurt Lieber wrote:
2 > In the last few months, our distfiles mirror has grown nearly 100% in terms
3 > of space requirements. Gentoo's increasing popularity also places greater
4 > demands on our mirrors in terms of bandwidth requirements as well.
5
6 To follow up to this message, I'm going to be working with avenj to come up
7 wtih a draft policy for changing the way we use our mirrors. Any developer
8 or source mirror provider who is interested in participating, please drop
9 me an email.
10
11 --kurt