From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Thoughts about broken package handling
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 06:21:01
On Tue, 28 Jun 2011 16:54:43 +1200
Kent Fredric <kentfredric@×××××.com> wrote:
> Reminds me of the other awkward behaviour I once hit where a package > depends on something that is slotted, and mysteriously uses a middle > version of the things that are slotted, and then breaks with that > version that it for some mysterious reason found a preference for, and > upon removing that particular version of the slot, it uses the most > recent slotted version instead, and then works perfectly.
There was going to be a really simple, elegant, ebuild-controllable and provably working fix for that in EAPI 4 in the form of := deps, but they got dropped because Portage couldn't implement it. Which is strange, because it should have been a ten minute job... -- Ciaran McCreesh

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Thoughts about broken package handling Peter Volkov <pva@g.o>