From: FieldySnuts <sgtphou@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: Re: Masking practics
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2006 16:08:13
1 On Tuesday 08 August 2006 10:41, Patrick McLean wrote:
2 > We generally assume that our users have some intelligence, we don't put
3 > big fat warnings on everything that might break. We give the users all
4 > the information and let them decide if its going to break. Gentoo never
5 > was and never will be idiot-proof. We do not, and never will try to
6 > protect people from their own stupidity.
7
8 As an end user and also an administrator, I am very pleased to see this laid
9 out so clearly. I mean, I knew it, but it seems like it needs to be yelled
10 once in a while...
11
12 Thanks Patrick.
13 --