From: Evan Read <eread@×××××××××.org>
To: Wout Mertens <wmertens@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] distcc
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 22:31:33
1 On Sun, 2002-10-13 at 08:58, Wout Mertens wrote:
2 > Check this out:
3 >
4 > http://distcc.samba.org/
5 >
6 > This allows you to distribute compilations across multiple systems. The
7 > only thing you need on the other side is distcc (and gcc), no shared
8 > filesystems or anything.
9 >
10 > I must admit that I didn't try it out yet, just mentioning the news :)
11 > I guess it must work if you put the necessary environment variables in
12 > make.conf and put distcc in the path like you do with ccache.
13 >
14 > Wout.
15
16 Hey,
17
18 Not sure if it was on this forum or another, but some people have had
19 bad experience with it. If you try it out (I haven't either), search the
20 net thoroughly.
21
22 Just FYI.
23
24 Evan.
27 http://eread.freeshell.org/
28 "The future comes 60 minutes an hour no matter who you are or what you
29 do."
30 The Screwtape Letters - C.S. Lewis