From: Richard Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Who is willing to be lead?
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 02:30:55
1 On 04/10/2010 07:44 PM, Ben de Groot wrote:
2 > On 11 April 2010 00:54, Denis Dupeyron<calchan@g.o> wrote:
3 >> I know it hurts the eyes a bit, but calling problems by their name is
4 >> part of fixing them.
5 >
6 > Except when someone else does it, then calling the problem of lack of
7 > leadership suddenly becomes "immature political ranting". Nice try.
10 You know, leadership can be as much about NOT replying to an email as
11 replying to one... :)
12
13 You don't need to be elected to the council to be a leader. I'd say
14 that with very few exceptions those who have been on the council were
15 elected because a majority of devs recognize that they have been leaders.
16
17 I can certainly say that they have put in a lot more time than most
18 reading this list, and it really isn't anybody's place to lecture them
19 on being leaders as a result. If somebody really thinks they have
20 constructive advice then make it constructive, or at least send it in
21 private to council@g.o.
22
23 If there is ANYBODY here who actually intends to lift a finger to
24 actually do work to rectify these problems, by all means contact the
25 appropriate project lead or the council or something and ask how to
26 pitch in and help. Based on Patteri's post it sounds like you can feel
27 free to ping him on irc/email if you're looking for something to do.
28
29 And let's try to remember that we're all in it together - infighting
30 isn't going to inspire more people to join the cause...
31
32 Rich