From: Stuart Herbert <stuart@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] tentative x86 arch team glep
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2005 20:21:20
1 On Mon, 2005-09-05 at 20:37 +0100, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > If the package maintainer doesn't think their package is ready, it
3 > should be in package.mask.
4
5 I'm not arguing against that. I agree with it. Please stop trying to
6 hijack this and divert attention away from my point. I'm asking
7 nicely :)
8
9 I'm asking that you assume any support burden that you create. It only
10 seems fair.
11
12 If you're in an arch team, the package maintainer doesn't agree that the
13 package should be stable, and you're not willing to take on the support
14 for that package either, don't stabilise it. We shouldn't stabilise
15 packages where no-one's willing to support it.
16
17 That's all I'm asking for, to go into the GLEP. It's no big deal. If
18 the arch team believe that know better than the package maintainer, then
19 they must know enough to be able to support it, no? ;-)
20
21 Best regards,
22 Stu
23 --
24 Stuart Herbert stuart@g.o
25 Gentoo Developer http://www.gentoo.org/
26 http://stu.gnqs.org/diary/
27
28 GnuGP key id# F9AFC57C available from http://pgp.mit.edu
29 Key fingerprint = 31FB 50D4 1F88 E227 F319 C549 0C2F 80BA F9AF C57C