From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] repo/gentoo:master commit in: dev-libs/libgit2/
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2015 17:43:39
1 On Sat, Oct 10, 2015 at 8:16 AM, Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > On Sat, 10 Oct 2015 14:24:28 +0200
4 > Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o> wrote:
5 >
6 > > On 10-10-2015 14:19:44 +0200, hasufell wrote:
7 > > > > +RDEPEND="
8 > > > > + !libressl? ( dev-libs/openssl:0 )
9 > > > > + libressl? ( dev-libs/libressl )
10 > > > > + sys-libs/zlib
11 > > > > + net-libs/http-parser
12 > > >
13 > > > Please order deps alphabetically (I know I added libressl without
14 > > > reordering, but that was just to keep the diff as small as
15 > > > possible).
16 > >
17 > > Is this a policy or a preference? In case of the first, have repoman
18 > > do it for you.
19 > >
20 > > Fabian
24 > Please NO, repoman's code is still a mess, the last thing it needs is
25 > adding a bunch of code messing with ebuilds directly. Reporting is one
26 > thing, modifying ebuilds quite another.
29 At Google the go team spent a bunch of time building different tools for
30 these purposes (which share code of course.)
31
32 So there is a:
33 go compiler # compiles your code
34 go cmt # properly formats your code
35 go vet # finds common anti-patterns in your code
36
37 I don't see why someone could not write an 'ebuild vet' or 'ebuild fmt'
38 tool; it doesn't have to start as a strict component of repoman at all
39 (although ideally it ends up there to be run automatically.)
40
41 -A
45 > --
46 > Brian Dolbec <dolsen>