From: "Paweł Hajdan
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Please move your packages to virtual/jpeg
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2010 20:40:50
1 On 11/7/10 8:51 PM, Jory A. Pratt wrote:
2 > As some of you are aware libjpeg-turbo is in the tree, with v8 support.
3 > We will not keyword for any archs until we officially add the 1.1
4 > release that is not avaliable as of yet. If we all use virtual/jpeg we
5 > can ensure that the user has the right to determine what version of jpeg
6 > they wish to use.
7
8 Is media-libs/jpeg binary compatible with media-libs/libjpeg-turbo?
9
10 I'm not sure what to do with chromium-bin, which is compiled on a Gentoo
11 system.