From: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Packages up for grabs due jokey retirement
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 19:27:37
1 El lun, 19-03-2012 a las 10:56 -0500, Paul Varner escribió:
2 > On 03/18/12 13:50, Pacho Ramos wrote:
3 > > Due his retirement the following packages need a new maintainer:
4 > >
5 > > app-portage/maintainer-helper
8 > > Thanks for taking them
9 >
10 > I've added app-portage/maintainer-helper to the tools-portage herd,
11 > however, I've left it as maintainer-needed. So if anyone wants to take
12 > it, feel free. The tools-portage herd will fix bugs for it as we find
13 > the time.
14 >
15 > Regards,
16 > Paul
17
18 I disagree with leaving maintainer-needed as default assign, if you will
19 fix bugs when you have time it's better than what I will do with
20 maintainer-needed packages.
21
22 Also, I think most of maintainers would like to have help with a lot of
23 packages, but that is not enough reason to change their metadatas to get
24 bugs assigned to maintainer-needed and us CCed
25
26 Have you seen any case when "if anyone wants to take it" he is not able
27 to because the package is "owned" by a herd?
28
29 If you want to promote that package be taken by other as soon as
30 possible, add a note to metadata telling that (I have seen it in some
31 cases)