From: "Remco Rijnders" <remco@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Last rites: */* More Py2 only items
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2020 17:12:33
1 On Tue, Jul 21, 2020 at 02:37:35PM +0000, Peter wrote in
2 <20200721143735.5318.qmail@×××××.se>:
3 >Remco Rijnders wrote:
4 >> - Can the removal of this package from gentoo be pushed backwards with
5 >> a month or so to allow me to work on packaging this new version as well
6 >> as do some rudimentary testing to ensure it works properly with Gentoo?
7
8 I'm sorry to see this wasn't possible or missed. A bit later than
9 expected, I have just submitted a PR to add this package back in, see
10 https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo/pull/17239 . I hope it can go in
11 shortly, but as this is my first PR to Gentoo, I also hope it is of
12 sufficient quality. Please be gentle ;-)
13
14 >> - As upstream for this program would be changed, should the name
15 >> getmail in gentoo be kept or would it better to use getmail6, and if
16 >> so, what would be the best way to go about this?
17 >
18 >Since you want to avoid clobbering the existing name outside of Gentoo
19 >I think you should strive for the same also within Gentoo. That said,
20 >if the two are interchangeable then a virtual/getmail ebuild would
21 >probably be reasonable.
22
23 I have left it at the original name seeing how the old version has now
24 been removed from Gentoo and this new version is (read: should be)
25 drop in compatible. I'll happily change this if the consensus is that
26 this would be better.
27
28 Thanks!
29