From: Aaron Bauman <bman@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] dev-python/cryptography to use rust, effectively killing alpha, hppa, ia64, m68k, s390
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2021 19:04:54
1 On Mon, Feb 08, 2021 at 10:02:43AM -0800, Alec Warner wrote:
2 > On Mon, Feb 8, 2021 at 9:56 AM Alessandro Barbieri
3 > <lssndrbarbieri@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > >
5 > > Il Lun 8 Feb 2021, 12:19 Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> ha scritto:
6 > >>
7
8 <snip>
11 > > Should we shed tears for those legacy architectures or move forward? Does anyone really use them in production?
12 >
13 > Many users don't use gentoo in 'production' so I'm not sure how that
14 > matters in our decision making. I'm not sure the trade off here
15 > (taking rust as a core dep) is reasonable and it looks like we can
16 > avoid it.
19 Do we have anything to support this claim?
20
21 -Aaron