From: Chrissy Fullam <musikc@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-dev] Item for 10 Jan 2008 Council meeting
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 21:44:33
1 > Ferris McCormick wrote:
2 > As always, I'd like a status report on Code of Conduct, with
3 > three questions in mind:
4 >
5 > 1) Do we have an implementation schedule?
6 It is already being enforced by a variety of teams as they find it
7 applicable.
8 > 2) Have we identified some warm bodies for it?
9 Good question but need to clarify what those bodies will be doing before we
10 can really go soliciting for them.
11 > 3) Most devrel requests seem really to relate to CoC
12 > violations. Would you like us to bounce those to the CoC
13 > people, process them using CoC rules, or keep doing what we
14 > are doing now (generally, close them with a note explaining
15 > why or mediate them)? (I'm talking about the "He's being
16 > rude/sarcastic/disrespectful" sorts of things which really
17 > need to be processed immediately and merit a warning or brief
18 > suspension if
19 > anything.)
20 My understanding, based off a conversation with Council member dberkholz,
21 was that 'bodies' would be needed to enforce CoC on #gentoo-dev and the
22 gentoo-dev ML. As for enforcing it elsewhere, that would be up to the teams
23 who already do just that and new teams would not be needed for that. This
24 would include forum moderators, channels with specific purpose (i.e.
25 #gentoo-infra would be moderated by infra), and DevRel and UserRel would
26 continue to enforce CoC violations elsewhere and as escalated.
27 I can only speak for the DevRel group and say that there is no reason to
28 change that with regards to us. The other teams seem to be doing fine in
29 their areas as well, so I don't see a reason to make any further changes,
30 just add some people for the two areas that we'd like more moderation.
31
32 Kind regards,
33 Christina Fullam
34 Gentoo Developer Relations Lead | Gentoo Public Relations
38 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list