From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] IMPORTANT: The proposal for the metadata.xml file
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 07:39:33
1 On Friday 27 June 2003 23:19, Christian Axelsson wrote:
2 > On Fri, 2003-06-27 at 22:48, Paul de Vrieze wrote:
3 > > - Internationalisation. The various descriptions have a lang attribute
4 > > allowing translated versions. The format of this attribute should be
5 > > the same as with glibc. One aditional point is that there MUST be a
6 > > description in English or "C" language.
7 >
8 > If the lang is set to anything else to "C" or english in a tag all other
9 > tags that have the lang attribute be translated aswell?
10
11 I think that could indeed be a good requirement.
12
13 > You never know, someday someone might decide to translate all ebuilds to
14 > chinese :P
15
16 Well, that would open up a large market for gentoo. We would be able to sell a
17 lot of cups because when we enter the Chinese market ;-)
18
19 Paul
22 Paul de Vrieze
23 Researcher