From: Patrick Kursawe <phosphan@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Social contract reminder
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 08:51:43
1 Hi devs,
2
3 though I'm sitting in a glass house, I'd like to throw some stones about
4 our social contract.
5
6 If you add patches to some program (for errno problems, gcc 3.3
7 compatibility, whatever) or do workarounds (for enforcing FHS-compliant
8 paths) - please provide some feedback upstream, tell the developers
9 about the problem.
10
11 If you don't do it because of the social contract, please do it for
12 laziness - sending a patch to the author once is less trouble than
13 checking the patches for every new release :-)
14
15 Bye, Patrick
16
17 (just wrote this because I got some quick and very constructive response
18 after sending patches to the program's developers - these patches
19 already were in portage for quite some time)