From: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Old changelogs / eclass dir
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 18:11:55
1 El mié, 26-10-2011 a las 19:46 +0200, Andreas K. Huettel escribió:
2 > Dear all,
3 >
4 > two small suggestions regarding ChangeLogs:
5 >
6 > 1) Why is there no ChangeLog in the eclass directory?
7 > In my personal opinion this is missing there, if only for historical reasons... Should we still start one?
8 >
9 > 2) I'd like to suggest that for changelogs that grow beyond a certain size (e.g. profiles/ChangeLog)
10 > the file is "rotated" similar to /var/log logfiles. I.e. the current file is renamed with a date extension and a
11 > new file is started. This has the benefit that the archived file is static and will never be retransmitted
12 > by rsync.
13 >
14 > Opinions?
15 >