From: Travis Tilley <lv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] macos mess
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 17:57:13
1 repoman is currently a broken piece of shit and will probably remain so until
2 after the pre14 release. #gentoo-dev is quite familiar with my complaining,
3 and i cant seem to get repoman to work at all without some patching...
4
5 now if repoman successfully completes on macos but not anywhere else, i
6 suggest the problem is probably similar to one i had and repoman is using
7 mr_bones's current profile for macos when it shouldnt.
8
9 i would HIGHLY suggest everyone stop debating about how to make repoman handle
10 macos and first try this patch:
11 http://www.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/portage/bin/repoman?r1=1.69&r2=1.70&root=gentoo-src
12 if that doesnt help the situation any, feel free to ignore me and continue
13 debating. :) however, that patch gets rid of a lot of the false positives i
14 get on amd64... between that and one or two other patches, repoman is
15 actually usable. go figure. maybe after pre14 i can stop complaining. ^_^
19 Travis Tilley <lv@g.o>
22 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list