From: "Hanno Böck" <hanno@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Vanilla sources
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2020 08:52:25
1 On Sat, 04 Jan 2020 19:41:21 +0100
2 Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Sat, 2020-01-04 at 08:38 +0100, Hanno Böck wrote:
5 > > On Fri, 3 Jan 2020 15:48:54 +0100
6 > > Toralf Förster <toralf@g.o> wrote:
7 > >
8 > > > # Restrict potential illegal access via links
9 > > > #
10 > > > fs.protected_hardlinks = 1
11 > > > fs.protected_symlinks = 1
12 > >
13 > > Given the issues with openrc:
14 > > Wouldn't it be a good idea to add these by default to Gentoo's
15 > > sysctl.conf in baselayout?
16 >
17 > Yes, we should. This really sounds like some horror where developers
18 > are hacking things around in sources instead of communicating with
19 > people maintaining the component where a proper fix belongs.
20
21 I created a bug for this so we can move the discussion there:
22 https://bugs.gentoo.org/704914
23
24 Particularly if anyone thinks this is a bad idea or knows of a
25 situation where this breaks things please speak up now in the bugreport.
28 Hanno Böck
29 https://hboeck.de/