From: Doug Goldstein <cardoe@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Jun 11th, 2009 Council Meeting Format
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2009 14:20:02
1 On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 4:41 PM, Denis Dupeyron <calchan@g.o> wrote:
2 > Hi Doug,
3 >
4 > I just got to this thread, so sorry for entering the debate a bit
5 > late. I find your propositions very interesting. In my manifesto [1] I
6 > have proposed something significantly different which simply consists
7 > in spinning the long discussions off the council meetings using more
8 > focused groups (see the GLEP process and Experts paragraphs). I
9 > personally think our two ideas are complementary and not competing
10 > against each others.
11 >
12 > Denis.
13 >
14 > [1] http://dev.gentoo.org/~calchan/manifesto09/manifesto.html
18 This is not a debate nor is this thread meant to be a launching point
19 for people to promote their own campaign for being on the council and
20 I chide you for taking it as such. It's merely a change to the Council
21 Meeting format which I'd like to see and seeing if Gentoo developers
22 are ok with the change. We've already had the necessary amount of
23 council members agree with several of the points which will result in
24 a modified meeting format.
27 Doug Goldstein