From: Roy Marples <uberlord@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] client+server packages - build which one?
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2006 10:19:44
1 On Tuesday 08 August 2006 09:56, Enrico Weigelt wrote:
2 > If you want an dhcp client, install "dhcp-client", if you
3 > want an dhcp server, install "dhcp-server". Could it be simpler ?
4
5 Maybe you missed the part of the discussion where we thought that maintaing 3
6 ebuilds vs 1 ebuild was a bad idea. Yes we would need 3 due to the way that
7 the dhcp builds and installs.
8
9 The minimal flag currently controls this anyway - you always get the client
10 but the server is optional. And it's easier this way I think as it also
11 mirrors upstream which is something we strive to achieve.
12
13 Thanks
16 Roy Marples <uberlord@g.o>
17 Gentoo/Linux Developer (baselayout, networking)
18 --
19 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list