From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Portage feature addition
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2006 21:04:19
1 Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > On Sunday 03 December 2006 01:00, Alec Warner wrote:
3 >> Recently commited to svn (but afaik released only in ~arch) is code to
4 >> prevent the sourcing of ebuilds with no manifest. Thus ebuilds you
5 >> randomly download off of bugzilla need to get a lookover from you and
6 >> then ebuild foo.ebuild digest'd.
7 >
8 > i thought portage always did that ... if you have FEATURES=strict, it'll
9 > complain that a file doesnt exist in the Manifest and abort
10 > -mike
11
12 It will if you try to *install* the ebuild. But we source it for depend
13 info long before that happens. If we have the depend info cached, we
14 trust the cache info to calculate dependencies for other packages, even
15 if the ebuild has an incorrect checksum (afaik).
16 --
17 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list