From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Fwd: [Python-Dev] Move support of legacy platforms/architectures outside Python
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2021 08:12:04
1 On Mon, 2021-02-22 at 22:16 -0800, Alec Warner wrote:
2 > So my question is basically, how much does Gentoo care about these
3 > ports? Should we be funding ports of rust to these arches (assuming
4 > that would continue ensure gentoo works on those arches.)
5
6 I think it's too early to say. So far Python devs have not admitted any
7 relevance between Python supported architectures and Rust supported
8 architectures. It is still possible that they would wish to block minor
9 architectures even if Rust were ported there.
10
11 On the other hand, what we need right now is a major effort towards
12 making Rust installable on the Gentoo architectures that are supported
13 by Rust upstream. Maybe our Rust developers would use some funding to
14 be able to dedicate more time into it.
17 Best regards,
18 Michał Górny