From: Samuel Bernardo <samuelbernardo.mail@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, "Haelwenn (lanodan) Monnier" <contact@×××××××××.me>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] network sandbox challenge
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2020 11:01:53
1 Hi Haelwenn,
2 On 3/27/20 1:50 AM, Haelwenn (lanodan) Monnier wrote:
3 > Couldn't the snapd_${PV}.vendor.tar.xz available in
4 > https://github.com/snapcore/snapd/releases
5 > work in your case to avoid downloading tarballs?
6 > And probably consider using go-modules.eclass, which can also allow
7 > packaging when there is no vendoring done by the upstream by just
8 > cut(1)'ing the content of go.sum
9 I'm using the archive tarball... You're right I will try it instead and
10 thanks for the heads-up about controlling the content of go.sum using
11 go-modules.eclass.
12 > And I'm not so sure why you want to apparently host a tarball?
13 > Maybe you're not aware that SRC_URI accepts multiple tarballs? And
14 > btw you strongly should only use upstream URLs in it, they don't
15 > need to be mirrored in distfiles.gentoo.org for the ebuild to work.
16
17 The reason to host the tarball was regarded to my understanding of
18 requirements pointed out in src_test[1] function notes about network
19 sandbox. Not related to the build process, but thinking on an
20 environment with restricted proxy access to only trusted locations there
21 would be probably a limitation to access any url. So for distributing
22 additional sources behind well known places such as gentoo mirrors,
23 github or gitlab could be an issue.
24
25 What do you think about this?
26