From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] OpenAFS ebuild
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 12:48:22
1 On Fri, Nov 16, 2001 at 01:31:08PM +0100, Mikael Hallendal wrote:
2
3 > > these headers are in sys-kernel/linux-headers and you should have them
4 > > if you have merged the whole base system
5 >
6 > Yes, I had them but they are for kernel 2.4.10 and not for 2.4.14 which
7 > I have. This makes the build fail!
8
9 Linus has indicated that we are doing things the "right" way. However, this
10 new "right" way we've started using tends to cause problems, and we never
11 had any problems with the "wrong" way.
12
13 > Making a link from /usr/include/linux to /usr/src/linux/include/linux
14 > fixed the problem.
15
16 You could also emerge a newer linux-headers (once one is available).
17
18 Best Regards,
21 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
22 Chief Architect/President http://www.gentoo.org