From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] My masterplan for git migration (+ looking for infra to test it)
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 17:27:55
1 On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 1:07 PM, Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o> wrote:
2 > On 14/09/14 17:30, Patrick Lauer wrote:
3 >>> Are we going to disallow merge commits and ask devs to rebase local
4 >>> changes in order to keep the history "clean"?
5 >>
6 >> Is that going to be sane with our commit frequency?
9 > Which is our commit frequency? Worst case we can aggregate changes and
10 > push them in bulk.
13 I don't think commit frequency will be a problem other than maybe
14 causing repoman issues if you're doing tree-wide changes (since
15 repoman takes a while to run).
16
17 See:
18 https://github.com/rich0/gentoo-gitmig-2014-09-15/graphs/commit-activity
19
20 Our tree gets 50-150 commits/day on average it seems. I have no idea
21 how far back the punchcard view goes, but that should give a relative
22 sense of distribution.
25 Rich