From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Inquiry about research paper
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2017 15:24:42
1 On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 6:19 AM, Jaewon Choi <1500084@×××××××××.kr> wrote:
2 >
3 > 2) What do you think of the systemd as a service manager? Do you have an
4 > opinion about its pros and cons?
7 Picking a random question here.
8
9 Can I ask that people respond privately by email and not to the list?
10 A few reasons:
11
12 1. Replying to the list virtually guarantees a running debate in the
13 100+ post range.
14 2. Replying privately probably will give a better sampling anyway,
15 rather than having reactions to reactions to reactions.
16 3. Everything that anybody is going to say has been said 1000 times
17 before. Seriously, nobody is actually going to learn anything factual
18 good or bad about systemd this way that they couldn't learn in a
19 million other ways.
20
21 I'm not knocking the original request. And if Jaewon wants to
22 summarize his findings (perhaps by audience, since I see he posted
23 this elsewhere as well), that might be interesting in useful.
24
25 I just don't want to see this turning into that email thread that
26 intends to set the story straight once and for all. :)
29 Rich