From: Matthew Thode <prometheanfire@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Packages up for grabs
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2014 23:43:24
1 On 06/04/2014 12:44 PM, Jesus Rivero (Neurogeek) wrote:
2 > Due to a mix of "not currently using them", "not much time available"
3 > and "Upstreams has a completely different concept of packaging", the
4 > following packages have been marked maintainer-needed and are up for grabs:
5 >
6 > net-libs/ptlib
7 > net-libs/opal
8 > net-voip/ekiga
9 > app-admin/chef
10 > app-admin/chef-expander
11 > app-admin/chef-server
12 > app-admin/chef-server-api
13 > app-admin/chef-server-webui
14 > app-admin/chef-solr
15 >
16 > Hoping these poor souls find a new, loving, home.
17 >
18 > Cheers,
19 >
20 > --
21 > Jesus Rivero (Neurogeek)
22 > Gentoo Developer
23 I've thought about packaging chef (I do cookbooks for a living more or
24 less), but each time I do I back away because of ruby and how much fun
25 it is to package (the only sane way would be gems I think...). I really
26 want to use it at home, but can't (wont) if it's not a system package,
27 so stick with puppet I will (both maintaining it and using it at home :D)
30 -- Matthew Thode (prometheanfire)