From: Luke Dashjr <luke@××××××.org>
To: Alex Xu <alex_y_xu@×××××.ca>
Cc: "Anthony G. Basile" <blueness@g.o>, "gentoo-dev@ >> Gentoo Development" <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: new bitcoin eclass
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2015 02:12:04
1 > On 05/02/15 07:11 PM, Anthony G. Basile wrote:
2 > > I proxy a set of bitcoin ebuilds for Luke-jr. Currently several ebuilds
3 > > make use of the same codebase, so its probably a good idea to migrate
4 > > that code to an eclass. Can we have the following eclass reviewed
5 > > before committing it to the tree:
6 >
7 > Why can't the ebuilds be merged into one with USE flags? They are even
8 > from the same repository.
9
10 They're logically distinct projects, and won't be using the same repository
11 when things are eventually modularised (libbitcoinconsensus, new in 0.10, is
12 the first step in that direction).
13
14 Luke